Yours truly went a respectable 5 for 8 in his opening round predictions, only getting cheated by the Carolina Hurricanes and Anaheim Ducks, and being blinded by how bad the Calgary Flames actually were. Other than those blunders I was a dead-eye. Hopefully I can run the table this round. Let’s get going shall we. Continue reading
Monthly Archives: April 2009
- I suggest clicking ‘keep reading’ at the bottom. Cmon. I swear by Jay Onrait that it does get funnier as it goes on and there are plenty of picture links in the text and youtube vids spiced thoughout. Oh yeah. You children of the internet love that.
- American National Anthem sung by lovely little Black Fellow.
- The Rangers come out swinging: Avery and Antropov with great chances within the first minute. Good thing for Antropov: he has been invisible. 3 goals in 34 career playoff games.
- I hope Varlamov wins, I love a feel good story about a goaltender coming out of nowhere in the playoffs.
- TSN flashes a graphic stating Washington’s all time game seven record is 1-5. Also that there has not been a lead change in a game since game 1. The first goal seems pretty damn important.
- Rangers offside. About 3 minutes in and no washington shots on goal.
Candle light and soul forever
A dream of you and me together
Say you believe it, say you believe it
Free your mind of doubt and danger
Be for real don’t be a stranger
We can achieve it, we can achieve it
Come a little bit closer baby, get it on, get it on
‘Cause tonight is the night when four become two
Totally Gay. Anyway, The Bench Boss already gave his predications for tonight’s pair of Game Sevens. I hope that Washington and Carolina win, but the Devils in particular could pull this one out. Watching game six, I noticed Shanahan’s beard is so grey and old looking. I wonder what the odds are of this happening tonight [nevermind B. Hull, or the fact the teams are wrong. Not all NHL 94 screenshots can be perfect]:
Two items of note, so this isn’t an entirely self-indulgent Spice Girl post.
1. Ladislav Scurko. A Flyers prospect. Slovakian. One bad ass mother fucking Referee Murderer. Check it out.
2. With ‘Caniacs (ahem, Fans) like these, how can Staal and Cammy ‘Fats’ Ward lose?
…And no, I’ not talking about the tv show, sorry Offensive Defenceman. Two game seven’s on the menu for hockey fans to feast on tonight, Rangers-Caps and Canes-Devils. When predicting a game seven you always have to go with the home team, so I’m gonna go with a 5-2 Caps win and a 4-3 Devils win.
To get you all tingly and feeling good for the games tonight, here are TSN’s top 10 game 7 goals.
Following the New York Rangers’ 4-0 defeat at the hands of the Washington Capitals, much has been made about the benching of super-pest Sean Avery. The Rangers still hold a 3-2 series lead heading back to New York for Game Six, but head coach John Tortorella is in a foul mood following the loss and this altercation during yesterday’s game:
Fortunately, we here at Distinct Kicking Motion caught a conversation aboard the team plane following the loss in Washington. Let’s have a look:
Greetings once again, puck fans. Hope everyone has been enjoying the exciting playoff action – it was nice to see Columbus show some life for the first time this post-season, and boy did their fans make it fun. Anyways, I know everyone is here for this week’s WAG, so I’ll cut the hockey talk here. What makes this week’s post “Special” you ask? Well, it involves the SCANDALOUS behaviour of a playoff contender’s mascot! In addition to that, I’ve attached a video at the bottom of the page which puts the spotlight on the contentious Philadelphia-Pittsburgh series. Should Pittsburgh defeat Philadelphia, this video could prove to be the rallying cry for the franchise and the city. Now, who is the mascot caught in illicit behaviour? Click the jump to find out.
- St. Louis is out, and Columbus is soon to be eliminated. Some Taps then, for these American franchises, particularly the military themed Blue Jackets:
- The Montreal Canadiens are also eliminated. Boy, they sure looked like shit. Carey Price: Dr. Drew Pinsky is going to have to come by and perform a cocaine intervention. For this Canadian franchise, some Last Post:
- Don Cherry kept calling Lundqvist “Lundstrom” tonight. It was obvious Ron was unwilling to correct him as Don would just go on about how Ron does nothing but interrupt and distract and that it is not a big deal. Hockey Night in Canada, everybody.