In the goaltending battle between two Vezina Trophy candidates, Roberto Luongo and Pekka Rinne seem to be taking their match-up a little too seriously. With only a combined four goals scored through the first two games of the Western Conference semi-final series between the Vancouver Canucks and the Nashville Predators, the team’s respective star goalies have been seen and heard challenging the other to on-ice duels. “During a tv break early in game 1, I was skating to the bench and I see Luongo making these weird gestures toward me,” said Rinne. “As we came closer together I could hear him throwing down the gauntlet and said ‘I challenge you to a duel’ flashing his blocker to me as if it were a gun. I responded by swiping my trapper through the air. At that point it was on, totally on.” Continue reading
Tag Archives: Nashville Predators
- When in Nashville players should remember that they are there to play hockey and not do…whatever weird things people in Nashville do
- Pekka Rinne is a very large goaltender so just do whats smart and aim for his nuts
- The line of Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan need to keep doing what they do best. Which is being much younger and hipper than the Selanne, Koivu and Blake line
- Randy Carlyle is a stanley cup winning coach, but only one man can truly lead the Ducks. Time to call on Gordon Bombay
- If Mike Fisher sees his wife Carrie Underwood talking to Teemu Selanne he shouldn’t get mad. He is probably just friends with her dad
- Shea Weber shot the puck through the net at the Vancouver Olympics. The next step is to shoot it through a human body. That would be so cool man
- Don’t remind Barry Trotz that he is the only head coach in the history of the Nashville Predators
- Carrie Underwood is hot
According to a report from the real journalists at tsn.ca, Montreal Canadiens’ goaltender Carey Price may miss the season opener against rival Toronto Maple Leafs with an illness. The report cites flu-like symptoms, which defenceman Andrei Markov is also feeling the effects of. However, we here at DKM are in pretty tight with Carey, and we got the real scoop on what’s happening in Hab-land. Follow the jump for the REAL inside story about Carey Price’s illness.
Fans of the Nashville Predators have begun voicing their displeasure with the lack of fights in playoff hockey as opposed to the regular season, and it has caused a major drop off in ticket sales for games 3 and 4 of the club’s Western Conference quarterfinal series with Chicago. “I don’t know what the heck is goin’ on with these here games,” said Preds fan Billy Ray Smith. “Normally there’s be lots of good fightin’, but in these games there ain’t none of that, and I don’t like it, I don’t like it all. Us folks come out to these games to watch some good ole fashioned fightin’ and when they’re ain’t no fights, it ain’t no fun for these here fans.” Continue reading
In today’s look at who is overrated and who is underrated, I switch over to the Western Conference and the Central division. As you’ll see, there are some pretty good players that found there way into the overrated section. Enjoy.
The Bench Boss is known for his wise words of wisdom, and tonight he’d like to dish out some helpful advice for all the youngsters out there. Tonight kids, in the game between the Washington Capitals and the Nashville Predators, a player named Matt Bradley laid a dirty hit from behind on Preds forward Jordin Tootoo. As you’ll see in the video below, Mr. Tootoo showed us what is best to do in a situation where you are the victim of such violence. I want all of you to listen very, very carefully to this bit of advice children. Jordin showed that the best thing to do when someone does something bad to you, is to simply re-arrange the other guys face. If you can make sure to do that you can assure yourself that all of the problems you have with the “bad man” will go away. What did Mr. Bench Boss teach you today kids? Very good little Johnny, you’re right. Today we learned what to do when someone tries to hurt us, we get quick revenge by smashing into the bad man’s face with our fists. In case you little rascals ever forget what we learned here today, here is the video of Mr. Tootoo showing us the best way to solve a problem like the one he faced.